Monday, May 27, 2019

You win or you die.

After eight years, the greatest television adventure is over.
A life has passed in the meantime.
We have changed and grown a lot, (not unlike some of the characters in the series) but the initial magic, the love that moves the whole, is still there, intact. :)
I feel very fortunate to have lived the story in the books before the series was released.
Although the series ended in a hurried way becasuse a commercial decision, I can imagine how the ending in the books could close a poetic cycle, in a way that tells us about the human complexity.
I go back to my characters in the books: my dear Jon Snow, my dear Daenerys, the ones I imagined, the ones that JRR Martin created for me. And then I can begin to understand the whole thing and everything seems so beautiful to me.
I can only wish to read some day, properly written, planned, with enough time and the required development, this wonderful orchestral melody which are the novels of Song of Ice and Fire.

This weekend I made a fanart. Nothing special, just to train my hand a little.
But maybe one day I will be able to do something more accurate to my feelings about the saga. :)



No comments: